Kingdom Under Fire II is a video game set in a high fantasy setting developed by Blueside which merges real-time strategy (RTS), role-playing game (RPG) and massively multiplayer online game (MMO) genres. The player plays a hero character who can command various troops acquired through the game. Whereas the player has a full control of their hero as if any other Action RPGs do, the player can change their user interface to “strategy mode” in which a wider top-view and user interface more appropriate for controlling troops strategically are provided to outwit the enemies.
- Tool Programmer (6 months – Jan 2010 ~ Jun 2010)
- Developed an in-game cutscene editing tool using C++/CLI in a close cooperation with a cinematic director.
- AI Programmer (3 years – 2011 Jul ~ 2014 Jul)
- Designed various troops with designers and implemented the troops.
- Analyzed the AI infrastructure, identified structural problems, and improved it significantly.
- Maintained the AI infrastructure of units and troops, including Behaviors, FSM, TaskManager, Movement, Network Synchronization, Dynamic Navigation, Path-finding, and Troop/Unit Creation.
- Implemented new features for hero and troop control.
- Profiling and optimization